Pubcoder stopped at “Generating Cover…” when publishing

1. 6 months ago

I experienced something strange today when I opened two older Pubcoder files ( 1 and 2 years old)
    I opened them both in Pubcoder 4.3.5 and in Pubcoder 5.0.3 BETA on my iMac with M1 chip.

When I tried to publish an XPUB file Pubcoder stopped at “Generating Cover…” and never got further.
    It also happened when I tried to publish as HTML5.

Then I went to my old Mac with Pubcoder 4.0.2 and it worked perfectly on my other Mac with Intel chip.

Could it have anything to do with the M1 chip?

2. Angelo S

24 Oct 2023 Administrator

Hello John, final release of PubCoder 5.0 is out now, are you still experiencing this issue?
    If so, please write to support@pubcoder.com and send us a wetransfer link with tge pubcoder project file that is having issues.

3. Hi Angelo,
    I just tried it out in the final release of PubCoder 5.0.
    Publishing an XPUB now goes beyond "Generating Cover..." but then it stops at "Generating thumbnail 15 of 18".
    I will write to support and include a wetransfer link to the file.

4. 5 months ago

Angelo S

31 Oct 2023 Administrator

Just to help other users, at the end the problem was caused by custom javascript in the project, which was breaking the thumbnail generation.
    For all users, please remember to initialize/start your code Project → Javascript or Page → Javascript or using this event instead of yousing generic document.ready or similar:

<script type="text/javascript">
    //<![CDATA[
    $(window).on(PubCoder.Events.PageReady, function() {
    	/* Insert your custom JavaScript code below */

});
    //]]>
    </script>
  5. 4 months ago
    Deleted 4 months ago by Angelo S

or Sign Up to reply!