keyboard trigger and chromecast

1. 5 weeks ago

Hi there,

I'm an interactive artist.
    And I'm making art by using sensors that triggers events.
    I know this software is more for ebooks and apps, but i'm wondering if there is a way to trigger events by using keyboard inputs.
    The combination of 'multimedia and design options' combining the keyboard input would make me to use the sensors to interact with the projects. Any help is welcome.

Secondly i'm wondering if there is a way to get the chomecast link in the presentation. So video's can stream on a chromecast.
    Thank you

Warm Greetings from the Netherlands
    Bob

2. Angelo S

Mar 22 Administrator

Hello Bob,
    yes you can bind keyboard events via javascript and ythen trigger, for example, "Run Action List" event on an action list. Here's an example of the code:
    -image-
    I've made a small example project for you, here's the link to the live preview , here's the one to the pubcoder file , to see the above code, go to page 2 then click "Code" → "Page Code".

As for the chromecast, if you put a video in the project we use the default video player so you should be able to.

Best Regards,
    Angelo

3. Hi Angelo!

What a nice start of the weekend!
    This is superb. Even with a sample project! Thank you!
    I want to thank you for this option. It will open my projects for sure!

:-)

Greetings Bob!

4. Hi Angelo,

Based on your sample project I think i can reproduce the code for my needs.
    But as a non programmer in JavaScript i do not know how to load a 'page' based on your sample code.
    Could you also make a sample project showing this option? Then i could use both options.
    Thank you for your help and effort.

Greetings Bob

5. 4 weeks ago

Angelo S

Mar 25 Administrator

The example project I gave you will start an action list on keypress, just place a "Go To Page" action in the action list.

6. Absolutely genius. Its working!!

or Sign Up to reply!