Unzipping a .pubcoder file

1. 5 years ago

I have tried out a procedure that seems to work.
    I have a Pubcoder iOS app in English that is going to be made into a Spanish version.
    The app includes a huge amount of mp3 files with speech.
    I could of course edit each and every sound object but I came to think there maybe could be an easier way.

This is what I did:

• I named all the Spanish mp3 files with the same filenames as their English equivalents.
    • I unzipped the .pubcoder file and got the 'Contents' folder.
    • I went into the 'Contents -> Resources -> audio' folder and replaced all the English mp3 files with the Spanish files.
    • I zipped the 'Contents' folder and renamed the extension from 'zip' to 'pubcoder'.

Then I could open the file in Pubcoder and all the English had become Spanish in one go.

What I would like to know is if there are any drawbacks or pitfalls doing this 'trick'?

Thanks
    John

2. 4 years ago

Angelo S

3 Apr 2019 Administrator

Hello John,
    the results of modifying a .pubcoder project file like this are unpredictable.
    There's a functionality called "replace asset" in the asset library, which will automatically update all the references to that asset throughout your project. See https://docs.pubcoder.com/new/pubcoder_assets.html#working-with-assets

or Sign Up to reply!