New Project Options for Android PubCoder v3.6

1. 4 years ago

Just noticed a few problems with the new v3.6 Android app project settings.

1/ When loading a page the page loading icon (rotating circle) is no longer showing.
    This is confusing to user if screen is tapped before page loads as either nothing happens or menu pops up.
    How can I get the page loading icon to show?

2/ Read Aloud item is shown on menu even if no read aloud in app.
    Can I remove the read aloud icon from the menu?

3/ Android menu (triangle, circle, square) no longer showing below menu.
    Can I get this to show as before?

2. Angelo S

2 Sep 2019 Administrator

Hello Phil,
    I would not call them problems, but changes. The new Android app now shares the same codebase of the iOS app, so while the previous one had a completely different UI and behavior, the new one shares the same UI of the iOS one. So:

1. Activity indicator while loading page is gone from the Android app (has never been there for iOS). Maybe we can add it as a preference
    2. Read aloud icon is now shown when there is read aloud on at least one page of the project, since turning it on or off is a project-wide user setting, and not depending on the page.
    3. I'm not really sure it wasn't like this before, but for sure it is like this now: we use what is called "Immersive Mode", like games apps or video players and many other apps: you can show the android action bar swiping up from the bottom of the screen.

Bye,
    Angelo

3. I think it would be nice to add the option to include "activity indicator" because pages take some time to load on Android. The app literally freezes for a few seconds. On iOS, the pages load and become responsive immediately so there is no need for an indicator.

4. Angelo S

18 Sep 2019 Administrator

Noted.

or Sign Up to reply!