Fail to build

1. 6 years ago

I've gone through and fixed all the coding issues that spring up during the exporting phase; however I am now aiming to export for the app store this time and when I attempt to export I'm getting this error.

...egor/Library/Application Support/PubCoder/android/sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:597: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bmcgregor/Library/Application Support/PubCoder/android/sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:716: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/bmcgregor/Library/Application Support/PubCoder/android/sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:730: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

So I've gone to another program, Visual studio, I go to the lines listed and I don't know how to fix these. Since these are built in the program.

597: antfile="build.xml">
    716: <do-only-if-manifest-hasCode elseText="hasCode = false. Skipping...">
    730: fork="${need.javac.fork}">

2. Is this error due to the settings? Do those need to be fixed first before I can export the app out?

3. Angelo S

6 Dec 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Angelo S

Though this conversation continued on our private support channel, I'm writing here to let other users know we discovered a compatibility issue with JDK 9. If you installed JDK 9 on your machine, trying to export an Android app in PubCoder will not work at the moment.

We're actively working on patch that won't [probably] even require an app update.

4. Angelo S

6 Dec 2017 Administrator
    Edited 6 years ago by Angelo S

Here’s a quick fix for Mac users, while waiting for the official patch:

• Hit cmd-shift-G (in the Finder), then type /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines and hit return.
    • There you should see a folder named jdk-9.0.1.jdk: move it to the desktop (it will ask for a password)
    • Try to export from pubcoder again. If still does not work, reinstall JDK 8 and try to export again
  5. 5 years ago

Hi,
    I am having the same error. I am using a Mac and have tried the quick fix suggested in the previous comment. still no luck even after reinstalling JDK 8, the same error appears:

BUILD FAILED
    /Users/nauzef/Library/Application Support/PubCoder/android/sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:716: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Users/nauzef/Library/Application Support/PubCoder/android/sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:730: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

is there any other solutions for fixing this?

6. Angelo S

4 Jun 2018 Administrator

Hello Nauzef,
    have you already tried to reinstall the Android SDK from PubCoder > Preferences > SDKs > Android SDK > Reinstall ?
    BTW, that particular JDK 9 incompatibility issue has been fixed a while ago...
    Looking at the logs, the problem may be caused by some quote (") character inserted somewhere in the project settings / android app section. Please verify that.

7. Angelo S

4 Jun 2018 Administrator

Specifically, please verify that Google Play License Key was inserted correctly in Project Settings / Android App. Probably you copy-pasted some extra character at the beginning or end of the key?

8. Thanks Angelo,
    the problem is solved. reinstalling did the trick. I could export APK file without any problem.

or Sign Up to reply!