App installation failed (iOS).

1. 7 years ago

Hi!

I'm trying to install my pubcoder ipa to my iPad. I created AdHoc Provisioning Profile (selected my iPad device). Created and downloaded Distribution certificate. I successfully built the spa file, then opened Xcode/Devices and finally selected ipa file to install to my iPad. But it gives me an error `A valid provisioning profile for this executable was not found.`. I also tried to create an empty Xcode project with same app id, then successfully built & installed to my iPad. I couldn't figure it out.

By the way, I can't use preview, because wifi&usb options are grey. How can I preview on my device?

Thanks.

2. You must copy and paste your (Provisioning Profile) into the same (Ad Hoc Distribution) in General settings of the ipad Format in Pubcoder.

To preview on your device you must be on an Apple machine. Go to your Developers Account for Apple. Go into Certificates, Identifiers and Profiles then Devices then add your device. You'll need your Identifier #(serial#)
    Go into Xcode. On the navigation tab go to the Window Menu. Plug in your devise to your computer. Go to Installed Apps, click the plus sign. Add your IPA. Then it will be on your devise.

Apple is very complicated. It's a shame we have to go through so many things just to preview, but that's Apple. I hope this answered your question.

3. 5 years ago
    Deleted 4 years ago by Angelo S
  4. 4 years ago
    Deleted 4 years ago by Angelo S
  5. Deleted 4 years ago by Angelo S
  6. Deleted 4 years ago by Angelo S

or Sign Up to reply!