Text preview out of sync in Android Phone

1. 8 years ago

I packaged my app today for export to Google Play. I synced my phone to preview project using USB. I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 3.
    The preview worked perfectly except for the (read aloud) type layout. When the page first loads the read aloud type is perfectly laid out inside of a speech box. Within a second the type inside the speech box reloads again out of sync. (the words go outside the lines of the speech box).
    Thank you in advance.

2. Also, not able to get out of coloring page. Page turn does not work with that page. Each swipe is a draw line.
    I can insert navigation arrows as a work around. But I don't have them on any other page. Should I?

3. Giancarlo N

24 Nov 2015 Administrator

Dear Carlton,
    first problem is related to how android renders font when zooming the content to perfectly fit every device screen. Sometimes its precision is not enough and therefore some words takes more or less space, causing what you described. You preview it correctly for 1 second just because when the page is being loaded the app show a preview picture of the content and then when page is ready it hides the preview picture and show the page. My advice in situation like that is to give to the text box a tolerance in terms of right / bottom border, making it a little taller and wider than strictly necessary.
    About coloring game, it needs to intercept every touch the user perform in the drawing area, if we allow swiping page inside the drawing area, user would not be able to draw horizontal lines. Swiping to change page works when user touches outside the drawing object.

4. Thank you for the explanation but, it seems to be viewing re sizing the thickness of the type. The first is perfect layout with bold type. The second loaded page type turns to thin type. Are you saying that Android changes the thickness of the type as well?
    Also, I have three pages that the read aloud stops short. Not reading the last view words. Is that why I'm not finding read aloud on Android devices. Only on IOS. Does IOS do the same?
    Thank you,
    Carlton

5. I figured out the read aloud cut off. The words that got cut off where words that did not get highlighted in the read aloud set up. I found that you have to click your last sentence twice in order for it the highlight.

Also, I found an app that used a work around to the different page loads. They use a white page first while the page is loading. Then the page loads nice and clean. Can I do this? Would I need special code to do this?
    Thanks

6. Giancarlo N

25 Nov 2015 Administrator

Technical explanation about text rendering is quite complicated.
    To make it short, Android has to display a rendered and zoomed html page. In doing such operations it could happen that some fonts are not rendered perfectly as you can see on a desktop, especially if font is not included in Android operating system itself. Basically Android does not change any css property, but rendering could cause the side effect you noticed. That's why when text positioning is a critical, such as in a sticker book for example, I suggest you to: press enter and therefore force a new line inside the text box where needed; make the text box a bit taller and wider.

About readaloud, I cannot understand how double click during setup could solve your problem, but if so then ok. we will investigate about it.

About showing a blank page during page loading in Android and iOS app, it is a standard behaviour of our readers, it does not rely on project properties, therefore you cannot change it.
    We are discussing about adding an option to change this standard behaviour so that user can decide if the reader app should load a preview or just blank during page loading.

7. Did you add the option of loading a blank page or preview page as discussed in November.
    Thank you.

8. Giancarlo N

1 Mar 2016 Administrator

I am sorry acctually we decided to refactor both the readers so new features have been put off until we ends their development

or Sign Up to reply!