Last active 3 days ago
I have had this error when trying to change the document size in PubCoder and make it different to the InDesign file size (this is flagged as an experimental feature). I ended up changing the document size in InDesign first.
Just had a quick look - you can set a new default font size for each rendition. Set it in the project settings for each rendition - you will see a blue dot appear to show that this setting is for that rendition only. That way you can change the overall font size for each rendition and make it smaller for renditions that need this. To get rid of the seperate rendition setting right - click and remove it (or look at other options).
Choose Renditions > Edit project formats, then select any renditions you can't to remove and present the minus (-) button at the bottom left. You can keep the default and rename if you wish, this won't automatically remove the others. You can then make new renditions based on the default.
Sorry to hear this Cathy that sounds difficult! I can only suggested emailing PubCoder support (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a copy of your pubcoder file to see if they can help. It sounds like there is something going on with your renditions. Non-default renditions are any that are blue in the top right of the interface, there is one default (grey) that all others are based on. I haven't yet tried to publish to iOS and Android (will be doing this in a few months) so don't have detailed experience with that.
Glad it was helpful!
If you update the default (grey) rendition all others should update too unless you've manually changed a property for something in another rendition... not sure how many edits you've made but depending on what you've done it might be easier to delete renditions that are a bit messed up and just start again. I'm not totally sure what you mean in regards to your question going forward - if you need multiple renditions you should export with all, if you only need 1 yes just include that one. You can choose which renditions will be exported in each format by going to project > project settings. if you want to export more than one rendition you need to choose 'Manage renditions manually' and choose at least one, possibly more option from each section.
Are you deleting an object from a non-default rendition ? That's the only way I've found so far to disable objects and text.. can you explain in a bit more detail?
Hi Cathy I've found that when I create a new rendition it's based on an existing one - I just modify the new one with changed properties - is that not what you're finding? Are you having to build renditions from scratch? Are you following the steps in the help here? https://docs.pubcoder.com/pubcoder_renditions.html
Anything you modify in the default rendition should update in the other versions, it's only when you edit a non-default (blue) rendition that the others don't update...
This is an interesting question, I too am using renditions (I have 2 for languages) and can see that each has an images and an audio folder which contains duplicate content. However with the HTML5 version presumably it will only load a single rendition (unless you switch languages in my case where it will reload the page) - so apart from taking up more server space is this an issue? I suspect what you're describing is fundamental to the Pubcoder setup and would be difficult to change...
I have a follow-up question - is it possible to make an action to hide the app menu, or (even better) show/hide the app menu (like the play/pause video action)?
I can make an overlay button to show the app menu, but there is no option to make an action to hide the app menu.
We are concerned about users of our site/app not always knowing to tap to show and hide the app menu and wish to make buttons to help them. We also have pages containing a video that fills the entire page, making it impossible to show/hide the app menu on those pages since any touch plays/pauses the video.
Thanks for letting me know Angelo - I'm working with both HTML and XPUB export (which will eventually be iOS/Android apps).
We were investigating the idea of creating our own interface but have now decided to use the default app menu - the localisations (to change language), table of content and thumbnails are all very useful.