KF8 file creation not working

1. last year

I have installed pubcoder and I am slowly working my way through the various options. One thing that doesn't seem to work for me is the KF8 export. I have installed the Kindle Previewer on my PC running Windows 10 Pro, but when I attempt to export as a KF8 I get the prompt that I must install the Kindle Previewer.

The only thing I can think of is that I install programs to a separate SSD disk, not the usual default c; drive. I did search for any way to set a preference for the location of the Kindle Previewer, but couldn't find anything in pubcoder itself.

Is the issue that I must install Kindle Previewer to its default c: folder?

Thanks for any help.
    Darryl

2. Angelo S

10 Oct 2022 Administrator

Did you ever open Kindle Previewer? Try to open it and retry to export from PubCoder. If this does not work, try to install in the default location.

3. I had opened Kindle Previewer and it was working fine. I also had it open and running and it didn't make a difference, pubcoder didn't recognize it was installed. I uninstalled and re-installed it in the default C: directory and pubcoder now recognizes it is installed. So it was an issue about location of the software, not whether it was installed or not.

Darryl

or Sign Up to reply!