Linked layers not moving together

1. 5 days ago

I'm working on an interactive book for a client and I need to group image objects together to be able to animate them easily.

For example, I've selected two PNG image layers and clicked the chain icon at the bottom of the layers panel. When I select one of the linked layers and move it by dragging it around on the stage, the other layer remains where it is. The same happens if I drag the other linked layer.

I've searched the forum under the keywords 'link, linked and chain' and found nobody else highlighting this, so I'm a little worried I've missed something?

2. yesterday

Angelo S

yesterday Administrator

Hello Trevor,
    just click on one of the objects on the stage and all other linked objects will be selected too, so you can move them together. If you select a single layer in the layers panels it will not, clicking a layer in the layers panel will always select that single layer.

3. Hello Angelo,

That's great. thank you. Actually, I think I will need to use a combination of animation widgets and duplicate actions to make up the more complex grouped animation I need on page load.

Or there is always the Hype widget! :-)

Thank you.

or Sign Up to reply!