Is this possible??

1. 5 years ago

I have a pubcoder question and hope you can give me a suggestion.
    I am creating a jigsaw puzzle using the drag and drop method. When the puzzle is complete I would like to have the finish picture appear. BUT I do not know how to do this because I do not know what puzzle piece will be the last to be placed. ie if it is a 4 piece puzzle I would like to have the completed picture appear when piece 4 is placed but not know which will be piece 4 how is this done? OR is is possible? Thanks.

2. Hi Christine,
    You could have the final image set behind a few blank rectangles and then with every drag and drop just move your image layer forward until it is on top.
    So in your four piece example the image would be set 4 layers behind. That way its the total number of actions not the sequence order that matters.
    Cheers,
    Andy

3. Use the counter widget for this, it works really well. Just set the 'counter' to 4, say, and tell it to trigger the appearance of the completed picture once it's registered four ticks on the counter, so to speak. Obviously build an 'increase counter' action into each drop zone. Hope that makes sense!

or Sign Up to reply!