Trying to export epub

1. 5 years ago

I am trying to export an epub file but get this error message. Can anyone tell me what it means? How do I fix it??

2 Page Missing # Referenced resource could not be found in the EPUB.
    OEBPS/assets/17/page.xhtml, line 159, column 110 OEBPS/assets/images/Missing
    2 Page Missing # Referenced resource could not be found in the EPUB.
    OEBPS/assets/17/page.xhtml, line 1039, column 101 OEBPS/assets/images/Missing

Thank you.

2. Angelo S

12 Oct 2018 Administrator

Hello Cristine,
    the problem has to do with the character "#" appearing in the file name of some of your images, since it has a special meaning in HTML code. You should generally avoid to use any special characters in your assets names.
    PubCoder already replaces some special characters, we will add "#" to the list. In the meantime, to fix the issue, please rename those assets by removing the "#" character:

• Click "Assets" in the left panel of your project window
    • Check that the "kind" of assets below the Assets tab says "Kind: Images" or click on it to switch
    • Click "Search Assets" in the bottom left of your project window
    • Type "#", the list will filter filenames containing a "#"
    • For each of those files, right-click and choose "Rename"
    • Remove the "#" and confirm by clicking hit enter: the entry will disappear (since it does not contain the "#" character anymore and we are filtering for it)
    • After doing this for each file in the list, save your work and build your EPUB again. It should not contain errors anymore.

Best Regards,
    Angelo

or Sign Up to reply!