Pubcoder 3.6 and Android

1. 4 years ago

Hello!

I have an app originally built in Pubcoder 3.5.x that I'm translating (mostly text and image changes)
    I upgraded to the last version (3.6.4), and did my changes.
    However after installing the APK in several devices, I found that there are a lot of things that were previously working fine, that won't anymore, namely:

• Run javascript on tap (buttons, and other objects)
    • Animations (play on load, play on tap, not sure if the problem are the animations or the events)
    • Soundtrack

External js bound events seem to work fine, tho.

Is there something I should do to my project when upgrading?
    If I go back to Pubcoder 3.5, would I be able to open the project, now saved in 3.6.4?

Thank you in advance, this was supposed to be a pretty straight forward update to my project and now I'm at loss on how to proceed.

2. Hi Esteban,

I'm in a similar situation as you are, after upgrading to the latest version of Pubcoder things that were previously working fine are not anymore.

In my case it's mostly the text, some parts are now cut/overlapping/or not showing as if they had been repositioned even though I have made no changes to it whatsoever.

Also some objects are not reacting properly.

Hope we get some help soon!

3. I downgraded PubCoder to 3.55 and successfully opened the project saved into 3.6
    However, trying to compile the APK I get the following:

.../android/sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:597: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Volumes/Data/Users/user/Library/Application Support/PubCoder/android/sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:716: The following error occurred while executing this line:
    /Volumes/Data/Users/user/Library/Application Support/PubCoder/android/sdk/android-sdk-macosx/tools/ant/build.xml:730: Compile failed; see the compiler error output for details.

I tried downgrading to JDK8, reinstalling the SDK from PubCoder preferences, even removing Android Studio from my machine, without luck. I also tried versions 3.51 and 3.42 with similar results.

Any help would be much appreciated.

4. Since I had no luck with previous versions, I went back to PubCoder 3.6, and compiled an APK from one of the sample projects, Illustrated Book, which has events on tap.
    It doesn't work on any device I tried, so it seems this version of PubCoder is broken.

5. Angelo S

16 Dec 2019 Administrator

Hello Esteban,
    please drop an email to our support channel at support@pubcoder.com and upload your pubcoder project file here so we can try it out: https://www.dropbox.com/request/PJBumFBztDUg1r775tjj

6. I have serious problems with the exported Android apps as well. Mine also have started with the Pubcoder 3.6 version (after the new system of building Android apps without Android Studio). Here is what happens:

My app simply becomes unresponsive after a while. The screen freezes. This can happen at any screen so it is not related to doing something specific. It usually happens after about 5 minutes of using the app so I am suspecting about a memory leak or something.

I have been waiting with the expectation that there will soon be a new release with such problems fixed but it is already several months since the last update. The problem has really become annoying and I am also getting complaints from other users. Are you planning a new release with a fix soon?

7. Angelo S

17 Feb 2020 Administrator

Hello Mr Yalta,
    I played with your app for a full 15 minutes and we really cannot reproduce the issue.
    Also, it does not seem to be a generic problem, since none of our users reported this kind of problem.

There's not a release planned to fix the problem since we cannot reproduce it. Sorry.

or Sign Up to reply!