No App Store

1. 6 years ago

Hi, I have no App Store account. I made my first interactive book on windows and export it in ePub3 format. I sent this file in zip folder to my customers. But some people are unable to open this ePub3 format. They find code when try to open this file.

I just purchased my MacBook and saw PubReader option. Can someone exlpain what it is? How it will work? Customer also need PubReader to open interactive book?

Thank you for your time!

2. Edited 6 years ago by Carlton M

Pubreader is Pubcoders version of an ePub3 reader. They just released it in their latest version Pubcoder3 Beta for Mac. It's available for both Mac ios and Android devices on their App Stores. Your customers just need to download it on their devices. If you need an ePub reader for a PC, Readium is the best. I believe it's available for Google Chrome download. Hope this answers your questions.
    Best regards
    Carlton

3. Thank you so much! Can I covert my ePub3 version to Xpub?

4. Just go to the top left part of your screen. Next, to the black arrow click on EPUB3 and a drop menu will appear, click XPUB. Next, click on WI-FI then XPUB file. You can download it for distribution. That's it. You can test your app or export it to the reader. It will only work on Pubreader. Pubcoders own reader.
    Hope that helps.

5. Thank you so much!

6. If I sold this one my website as an xPub - how do owners transfer the file to their device? Do they need to download the book via their mobile device? Is it possible to read an xPub on a computer?

7. Edited 6 years ago by Carlton M

They could email themselves the file or use a service like Dropbox, Google Drive or any type of cloud service to transfer the file to a mobile device. To read on a PC you would need to export as epub3 and read on an app like Readium for Chrome.
    I use Dropbox for all my files it's so convenient. Hope this is helpful.

8. Angelo S

30 Nov 2017 Administrator

If you are selling the XPUB on your website, you could also let the user download PubReader and the purchased file from your website after purchase is completed.

or Sign Up to reply!