Grouping elements to make interactive?

1. 6 years ago

Hi, Im new to PubCoder and just trying to learn how to use it to convert my ebook from an InDesign document so I can make a version that I can sell for Android devices. My eBook is very simple and is for yoga flash cards. It just uses two show/hide multi state objects in InDesign. However, this doesn't seem so simple in PubCoder. There isn't much in-depth documentation and I can't see a way of grouping objects so I can quickly apply a show/hide type scenario to the group.

What I want to do is to be able to press a button that shows some images and live type, which is the instructions on my flash cards, and then be able to tap this area again to hide all this information and just show the button. I need the type to be live and not an image and it comes to 4 columns of type, plus a background image, so I would like to be able to group all this together so I can just show and hide it with just 1 command. Is this possible?

Its all so easy in InDesign.

Really hoping I can get this to work. Any ideas or help much appreciated.

Cheers
    Gia

2. Angelo S

4 Dec 2017 Administrator

Hi Gia,
    at the moment , you have to show and hide each object individually. We are working on some new features that will allow you to define group of objects, but that's not yet ready.

3. That will be a great feature when its finished. Thank you.

4. 3 years ago

Angelo,

have you finished the feature for grouping objects? I know you can link objects, but that doesn't allow them to launch actions as a group ...

Thanks,
    John

5. Angelo S

22 Dec 2020 Administrator

Nope, sorry, we've switched development to other features with higher priority at the moment

6. No worries, Angelo. Thanks for the heads up :)
    John

or Sign Up to reply!