Pubblicazione

1. 8 years ago

Buongiorno,
    sto utilizzando la versione di prova di PubCoder 2.0.1 (543) su Windows 8.1.
    Sto riscontrando dei problemi nella pubblicazione: i file .epub non si riescono ad aprire con Adobe Digital Edition (appare il messaggio "impossibile aggiungere il documento - sono stati riscontrati errori in questo elemento"), sebbene durante l'esportazione PubCoder non visualizzi alcun messaggio di errore e sebbene attraverso Readium, ad esempio, i documenti generati si riescono ad aprire e visualizzare correttamente. Questo accade anche provando a pubblicare i file di progetto di esempio scaricati dalla sezione dedicata del sito PubCoder.
    Cosa posso fare per risolvere il problema?

Grazie,
    Saluti

Mara

2. Did you try updating your version of ADE? I tried the sample version on my Windows machine with version 2.0.1.78765 and it opened the file, the file looks horrid because ADE doesn't handle layers well.
    If I had to guess at the issue it would be that one of the interactive elements is not being supported. It opens my files with the coloring game and quizzes in it, and the read aloud without a problem. So maybe one of the other elements?
    Just idea's here! Good luck!

Amy

3. Thank you Amy,
    I have installed the last version of ADE, 4.5.1(...) and it does not open the .epub file on Windows neither nor on Mac..

4. Giancarlo N

2 Nov 2015 Administrator

Hello Mara,
    pubcoder checks every .epub it generates with the official epubchecker tool, giving out to the user if there is something breaking the epub3 standard. Did you get any epubchecker error message?
    If you do not, your epub is perfectly standard compliant.
    Unfortunately we have no control about how external readers open epub format.
    Anyway if you share your epub to our support team (support@pubcoder.com) we will try to identify the issue.

5. Giancarlo N

2 Nov 2015 Administrator

it seems ade does not like how we are packaging the epub, therefore even if it is a valid epub 3 (tested also through http://validator.idpf.org/ ) ade refuses to open it properly.
    We are taking care of this one

6. Angelo S

2 Nov 2015 Administrator

Hello Mara,
    we looked deeply at your problem and actually found there is some strange behavior in Adobe Digital Editions itself.
    In fact, if you try to open the epub instead of importing it to your library, it works flawlessly: right-click your epub file and choose Open with... > Adobe Digital Editions and it will open.
    When you click "Library" it will ask you to import the file to the library, doing this will produce an error but ADE will import the file anyway.
    As I just said, this seems more to be an ADE problem than ours, but anyway we will investigate further and try to fix this.

Best Regards,
    Angelo

7. Buona sera, ho fatto un ebook in formato EPUB ma quando vado a pubblicarlo su google libri non mi consente di aprirlo. Come faccio ?? Ho l'esigenza di condividerlo quindi pubblicarlo potete aiutarmi ?
    Nel vostro sito è scritto che il formato EPUB si può pubblema in effetti lo carica ma non è visibile.

8. Giancarlo N

19 Jan 2016 Administrator

Il problema è che purtroppo non esiste al momento un EPUB reader per Android equivalente ad iBooks di iOS.
    Il mio consiglio è di ovviare a questa mancanza esportando una app per Android e quindi pubblicarla sul Google Play Store

9. Se può essere utile: l'ePub reader più evoluto in questo momento su Android é Gitden Reader che legge il formato ePub 3.0 con contenuti interattivi. Altri così evoluti, finora non ne ho trovati. Per leggere gli ePub 3.0 su desktop (Windows ed Apple) suggerisco l'estensione GRATUITA di Google Chrome: Readium.

10. 6 years ago

Hello everyone,

If you're still looking for Android readers... I've tried so many of them and I've finally found the one that works best for me. It's called Lithium . Neither Geaten, Readium, Adobe, nor many others, according to my experience, can properly open ePub3, made with PubCoder. Lithium works fine with almost all touch gestures, widgets, etc.

11. Paolo A

25 Jul 2017 Administrator

Great to know, Jelena! Will take a look at it, and if it works will definitely recommend it in any possible place.

or Sign Up to reply!