Warning when testing .APK at Amazon App Store

1. 3 years ago

I am testing an Android .apk at Amazon App Store and get the following warning:
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Caution : Google Cloud Messaging Detected
    Your APK includes a manifest declaration or an API invocation referring to Google Cloud Messaging.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I have published as an Ad Hoc file according to what the Pubcoder Docs say: "Use Ad Hoc distribution to build an .apk file that you can distribute manually or submit to other app stores "

1: I wonder if the reference to Google is a problem at Amazon?

2: Should the .APK for Amazon still contain the Google Play License Key and Signing?

2. I now see that the test results say: "Issue: We found an issue that will prevent your app from being published in the Amazon App Store".

So, it is a big problem indeed - what are the options for not including the Google reference in the .APK?

3. @John I got the same warning about Google Cloud messaging. It was described as 'minor'. I clicked on the error message and it takes you to this page:
    https://developer.amazon.com/docs/adm/integrate-your-app.html
    I'm still reading through that info trying to figure out what it means - it seems they want me to change the coding in the AndroidManifest.xml file, which I'm reluctant to do without advice from @Angelo or the Pubcoder team - I would have hoped an Android app exported from Pubcoder wouldn't need manual recoding for the Amazon store?

I haven't attempted to publish the eBook app to Amazon yet as i'm still trying to test it - I've received my testing email invitation, but when I click on the links in the email it wants me to purchase the test app, whereas the Amazon guide pages say it should be a free download.
    @John - Have you managed to do Live App Testing for your eBook app on Amazon?

4. 8 months ago
    Deleted 7 months ago by Anna S 2
  5. 4 months ago
    Deleted 3 months ago by Angelo S

or Sign Up to reply!