Mute button?

1. 3 years ago

Hi there anybody,

Is it possible to have a mute button that mutes ALL sound and not specific files/assets?

Thank you,

Brad

2. Hi,

Is anyone able to help with this? I can only see how to stop or mute specific files.

Thank you.

3. Angelo S

17 Mar 2021 Administrator

you should be able to do this with a run javascript action and code like this:

$('audio').each(function(){
        $(this).prop('muted', true);
    });
  4. Thank you!

5. 2 years ago

Hi there,

With the recent update, this mute function does not continue to the next page. For example if I mute the sound, when I go to the next page it is unmuted again.

Any suggestions?

6. Angelo S

3 May 2021 Administrator

This was true also with the previous version, you have to run that code on each page.
    Also note that this may not work when using the "play sound file" action exporting to HTML or XPUB, since that action does NOT use HTML5 audio elements.

7. Oh I see. Thanks for your reply.

I have the button with the javascript you gave me in the 'overlay' section, so I assume it runs on every page?

Is there anyway to make sure it keeps the sound muted over the next page too or does the user have to click it on every page? If not then I'll just remove the button.

8. Angelo S

4 May 2021 Administrator

You mean you want to remember the muted "status" once the button has been clicked once. You need to use javascript and localstorage for that

9. Yep, that's what I meant. To do that how would I need to add to this JS you gave me? Apologies, I'm hopeless with coding. See below:

$('audio').each(function(){
        $(this).prop('muted', true);
    });
  10. No worries re. this query, I'm just going to let the player deal with sound, if people want to turn it off they can use the native controls :)

or Sign Up to reply!