Panning not working in iPhone/iPad Books

1. 3 years ago

Hi there,

I have one page where I want to be able to drag (pan) a wide image from right to left - using the "pan" object.

It works perfectly in "Books" on my mac with the trackpad, but it won't drag/pan in Books on my iphone or ipad. The app just goes to the next or previous page when you drag.

Is there a setting I'm missing?

Thank you,

Brad

2. Angelo S

22 Mar 2021 Administrator
    Edited 3 years ago by Angelo S

Hello Brad,
    this is a known bug caused by some behaviors that changed in the latest versions of Safari.
    It has already been fixed in PubCoder 4, which is not ready for production yet but we're almost ready to release a beta, would you like to participate in testing it before the final release? Let us know.

3. 2 years ago

Hi Angelo,

Apologies for the late reply. Yes I would definitely like to participate.

Thank you

4. Angelo S

12 Apr 2021 Administrator

Hello Brad, PubCoder 4 beta is now available . Let me know if it fixes your issues

5. Thanks Angelo!

6. It works perfectly now (Books app / iPhone), thanks very much!

I'm so impressed with the app overall, really appreciate all the hard work you must have put into it.

7. Angelo S

28 Apr 2021 Administrator

Thanks Brad, be sure to check out the updated beta at https://docs.pubcoder.com/pubcoder_beta.html

8. Have updated.

Is there any way to to position the image within the pan/zoom object? At the moment it is positioned centrally and I'd like to have the left hand side displaying, with the user able to pan across to the right.

9. Angelo S

3 May 2021 Administrator

Simply double-click the object and click "crop", then move/scale the image as you need. That will define the starting position

10. Awesome, thanks.

or Sign Up to reply!