PUB READER

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Milena J

Hello,
    I'm testing new version of my app via PUB READER (wonderful to have this!)

Problem: app includes 3 languages (localizations), these do not appear when I open the app in PUB READER (I can't change language, it will only display app in one language).

Is this not available at present in PUB READER?

Thank you!
    Milena

ANSWER
    for anyone else cannot find it, it's in
    project settings/XPUB/and from here you can choose for one of more languages

2. Milena, Epub3 do not have this capability. When you export XPUB you are exporting in an Epub3 format. Epub3 can only display the language of the device. If you wish to test different localization it must be done in an app format ie; Android or IOS.

3. Hi Carlton,
    Thanks for your help! Indeed I 'm aware there's no multiple languages in Epub3, what I meant was exclusively for testing with the Pub reader app.
    It works with all localizations! exported in Xpub3 (have checked all the localizations under XPub settings) and then sent via wifi to the devices (I prefer to test like this than with apple simulator).

4. Angelo S

24 Nov 2017 Administrator

Hello Milena,
    sorry for the late answer. Did you actually succeed in this? This is how you need to setup the XPUB options in the project settings window:
    -image-

5. Hi Angelo,
    thanks for your reply, yes indeed, like I'd written to Carlton and precisely as you're illustrating!

At present there is this HUGE PROBLEM:

FAILURE TO UPLOAD BUILD TO THE APP STORE

Paolo at Pubcoder has contacted me but no solution yet. It would be great if somebody could just let me know how I can download the previous version of pubcoder that way I could move on.

Thank you

6. Angelo S

28 Nov 2017 Administrator

@Milena J At present there is this HUGE PROBLEM:

FAILURE TO UPLOAD BUILD TO THE APP STORE

Paolo at Pubcoder has contacted me but no solution yet. It would be great if somebody could just let me know how I can download the previous version of pubcoder that way I could move on.

Hello Milena,
    you need to be patient with this, we will contact you as soon as we succeed in reproducing the problem and find a solution.
    You can download the "old" version (2.5 is actually the "stable" release, 3.0 is in beta) from our download page but if the problem has to do with Apple changing some submission rules (as we suspect) this probably won't work either and you'll need to wait for us to find a solution and post an update.

Bye,
    Angelo

7. Angelo S

6 Dec 2017 Administrator

Hello Milena,
    we posted an updated PubCoder 3 beta that should fix the App Store upload failure problem.

Bye,
    Angelo

8. Hi Angelo,

Thank you for your answers, good to know this.
    I've downloaded and tried with the updated version but unfortunately there's a new problem and I cannot even create the .ipa file.

Provisioning profile seems to be the problem since Pubcoder cannot find/I cannot select my new provisioning profile, the drop down menu shows only the old one that has expired.

I've replied via email/support to you as well, with more details, hope you'll be able to fix soon.

Bye,
    Milena

9. Hello,

Is there any solution to this? anyone having the same problem?
    I've downloaded the latest Pubcoder 3.1 version but keep having the same problem when trying to create .ipa file.

I cannot select my new provisioning profile (old one has expired) in the settings window, it doesn't even appear at all, only the old one is always there.

Would be very grateful for any help!
    Thanks

10. Angelo S

6 Mar 2018 Administrator

Please make sure your new provisioning profile is installed correctly and visible in the keychain

or Sign Up to reply!