PubCoder Features Showcase Epub on Android reader

1. 5 years ago

Did anyone get the features showcase Epub to run on an Android tablet reader?

I have tried Adobe digital editions, Gitden reader and Kobo ebooks readers.
    There's no interaction and no sounds. Every time I tap the screen the menus pop up but that's about it.

The only thing that worked was the X pub on the Pubreader.

Everything works OK on a desktop PC with Adobe digital editions and with Readium for Chrome.

2. Hi Phil,
    I found Adobe digital editions was painful for alot of epubs. It is very restrictive in what can be shown. I think go with the pubcoder xpub format for android.
    Cheers,
    Andy

3. I found Infinity the best reader for Android. I don't know about sound, but all interactivity worked and most impressively it didn't spew up the blasted book scroller thing every time you tapped the screen! That drove me wild on the other options. Infinity also works on older versions of Android too, btw.

4. Thanks for your replies.

Andy: Yes the Xpub format works great with the Xpub reader, but what about marketing?
    Will I be able to sell Xpub files on Amazon and Google?

Lisa: Thanks for recommending Infinity reader and it was better than a lot of the others (the menus didn't keep popping up) .
    What I found was that it didn't render my SVG files at all - just an empty box.
    I know I can switch to Jpgs but SVG is very handy for my cartoons if I want to zoom right in and not loose any definition.

This article was very interesting regarding Epub readers on Android:

https://www.boblevine.us/the-fixed-layout-epub-missing-piece-reliable-readers-for-windows-and-android/

I'm still searching for the perfect Epub reader.

5. Hi Phil,
    Yes absolutely you could sell xpub files but you need to set up a “shelf” with Pubcoder. Its not a huge outlay and you could have your own branded distribution app set up so your customers can download your content direct from the stores.

I am in the middle of getting one set up now.
    Cheers,
    Andy

or Sign Up to reply!