Android SDK won't install

1. 5 years ago

I am trying to install the Android SDK from Pubcoder 3.3 (973) - Preferences -> SDK - Mac OS X 10.13.4.
    When it comes to "Preparing to install Packages..." it stops and give the error message "An unexpected error occurred".
    The same thing happens on both my iMac and my MacBook.

2. Angelo S

8 Jan 2019 Administrator

Please verify that Java JDK is installed. More Info.

3. 4 years ago

I am having the same problem as John N. I have installed Java JDK, but still can't install the Android SDK. I get the "An unexpected error occurred". Very frustrating. I have a ebook finished, but can't export it as an Android file. I have tried what you suggested to John, with no luck. Two days trying to get this to work. MacBook Pro.
    Any help would be appreciated. I am just learning the software and like it very much, except for this.

4. Angelo S

2 Apr 2019 Administrator

please write to support@pubcoder.com so we can open a ticket and help you out

5. Just sent the message. Thank you!

6. Angelo S

3 Apr 2019 Administrator

For anyone having this issue. We are working on it and release an update soon.

7. Thank you!

8. Angelo S

4 Apr 2019 Administrator

For anyone having this issue, please try this beta: https://s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com/pubcoder-src/mac/PubCoder-bin-20190404-3.5.0.1002.zip

9. This worked! Android SDK installed.

10. Edited 4 years ago by Mary O

I have not successfully exported yet, but the software installed. Now I am stuck at generating the fields in the general settings for export. I don't know how to obtain the google play license key and don't know about the keystone file, key name, key password. Not sure what is generated by the program and what I need from elsewhere.
    I did sign up for Google play console/developer registration fee.
    This is my first time trying to export an Android app. I will read as much from information from Google as I can tomorrow and see if I can succeed.

11. Angelo S

5 Apr 2019 Administrator

Hello Mary, take a look here: https://docs.pubcoder.com/new/pubcoder_android_app.html

12. I have read that multiple times, but haven't been able to figure out how to do this. I can't figure out how to populate the fields in the general settings. To me, it sounds like I have to upload an APK file in order to obtain my google play license key for the app. In order to export the file as an APK Android file I need to input my google play license key, so I am in a loop with that. Since I can't export the file to APK format, I am stuck. I also do not have a web site that I am uploading from, I don't have a domain, just a MacBook Pro, Google Drive, and an email address.

I will be trying to find more information on this process that might explain it better. So far, no success.
    Thank you for your help so far. At least I am stuck at a further point in the process.

13. Angelo S

8 Apr 2019 Administrator

Hello, you can find the Google Play License key on your developer console, before submitting the APK, here:

-image-

You don't need a domain name, that is just a clue to setup you App ID, you can "invent" one and use, for example "com.maryo.yourappid"

14. Thank you for your help. I have exported the file. Now I am figuring out the process at the Google Developer Console. Will need to figure out the screenshot for the store release.

or Sign Up to reply!