How to hide page items before page loads

1. 6 years ago

Me again. So many questions.

Can someone tell me how to set a page up so that when the page is first viewed certain items are totally hidden. I have tried setting this up using Interactive > load > and then >show for the two items I want to show when the page initially loads, and then using >load >hide for all the items I don't want seen on page load. However, on my Mac this looks fine, but as soon as I test it on my tablets (iPad and Samsung) the items that are hidden actually still show on load but then fade out quickly. I don't want them to be seen at all on load. They just need to appear when the user presses a button to show them.

I've got 56 pages that I need to get working in this way, so want to get the first one worked out and then I can build my epub hopefully.

Please help.

Cheers
    Gia

2. Angelo S

11 Dec 2017 Administrator

Hello Gia, select the object you want to hide, then check the "Hidden" check box in the selection inspector on the right. After you can use show actions to show them.

3. Thanks Angelo, I will see if I can get that to work. Fingers crossed.

4. Great I found the button and have now got that working. What does the button below the "Hidden" button do. "Always catch touch". Is that something I need to turn on or off too.

5. Angelo S

13 Dec 2017 Administrator

It will make the object always catch touches, even if it does not handle any event. Underlying objects will not respond to touches and app/reader menu will not show when touching this object, if enabled.

6. Oh wonderful, that might be the answer to one of my problems on how to stop the app reader menu and thumbnails popping up in one spot. Will have to test that out. Cheers Gia

7. 3 years ago

Thank you Angelo and Gia for the "Always catch touch" info. I've wondered about that one so often :)
    John :)

or Sign Up to reply!