Pubcoder on macOS High Sierra

1. 6 years ago
    Edited 6 years ago by Rica J

Hi,

Is there a known issue for pubcoder running in macOS High Sierra? i just upgraded to macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 and pubcoder app keeps on crashing.

Thanks!

2. Angelo S

30 Nov 2017 Administrator

Hello Rica,
    yes, there are huge issues with PubCoder 2.5 on macOS 10.13 High Sierra when using the new APFS filesystem.

You can download PubCoder 3.0 beta which, instead, runs just fine. We're working hard to release PubCoder 3.0 in a few days.

3. Edited 6 years ago by Giuliana V

I have problems with high sierra too. I'm using Pubcoder 3 but I can't publish because the app icons no longer work. I can see only pubcoder icon! I tried to change png into jpeg, resize them.. but nothing.
    I don't know what to do!

4. Paolo A

12 Jan 2018 Administrator

With the latest XCode Simulator retains a higher cache, if you try it out via ad hoc distribution should be ok.

5. Paolo A, you are saying to export the ipa file as an ad hoc distribution file? Then I upload the ad hoc distribution ipa file through application loader into the App Store and my original app icon should show up?
    Thank you so much for your help!

6. Paolo A

22 Jan 2018 Administrator

No, ad hoc distribution is just for testing on a local device. When uploading to App Store use usual export, Apple will warn you about missing icon file but it will then eventually publish it correctly with the icon you chose for the App Store from within iTunes Connect.

7. I got the warning from the app store about the missing icon file for sure. It has been in the app store for 24 hours. I deleted the app and downloaded again this morning and it is still showing the pubcoder icon after its been installed. Any idea how long it will take to show correct icon Paolo A?

8. Paolo A

It's not clear to me what you have done: when you got it on the app store did it show the PubCoder icon? From where have you downloaded the app, if deleted?
    Anyway, you should be able to customize that from the itunes connect site directly.

9. when you got it on the app store did it show the PubCoder icon?

No, inside iTunes connect the correct icon is displayed.

When I go to the app store on my iPhone it shows the correct icon and then I download the app.

After I download from app store the correct icon goes away and the pub coder icon shows up on my device.

-image-

10. Paolo A

Interesting. Did you remove all your previous tests from your device? I am afraid this has to do with cache on your device. In any case we will check this and be back to you asap.

11. Thank you Paolo for your quick responses! I have just made a discovery.

I have downloaded on several different devices with different iOS versions. Again the correct icon shows up in the app store on all the devices. After downloading and I close the app out the pubcoder icon shows on the device.

iphone iOS Version 11

11.2.2 pubcoder icon
    11.2.1 pubcoder icon
    11.1.1 pubcoder icon
    11.2 (15c114) pubcoder icon

iphone iOS Version 10

10.2.1 correct icon
    10.0.2 correct icon

So iOS 11 is showing incorrect icon after install.

iOS 10 is perfect. After install the correct icon is showing.

or Sign Up to reply!