iTunes Producer problem: cannot parse object (duplicate)

1. 7 years ago

Hi. I am trying to submit my epub to iTunes producer for publication in iBooks, but I ran into the following error. It says there are objects on some of my pages that cannot be parsed. It identifies the object as obj119. However, I've checked my pages and there's no object with that ID#. Are there hidden objects that might be causing this issue?

2. CL, you might try to Analyze your project and delete unnecessary assets before publishing your epub. You'll find this in your file drop down menu.

3. Hi. I analyzed my project and deleted unnecessary assets but when I went to publish them, it still says it's not compliant with epub. I published the epub anyway and manually edited the code. Is there a way to edit the code inside pubcoder? I don't mind deleting the conflicted objects via HTML directly but I can't seem to find a place to edit it within pubcoder (can't see the code files).

4. Paolo A

4 Nov 2016 Administrator

Hi CL,

we've noticed there is one case on ID duplication, that's when you use more than one audio file per page (not Audio OBJECTS). Is this your case?

5. 3 years ago

Hi Paulo A, was this case ever resolved? I am having the same problem. I have created learning activities that require different audio files to be played on the same page as part of different events.
    For example, drag a word to the corresponding picture (3 words, 3 pictures). The audio file 'try-again.mp3' is used for 3 different events; whenever any of the words are dragged outside their nominated drop zone. Likewise, the audio file 'well-done.mp3' is used for 3 different events; whenever any of the words are dragged to their nominated drop zone.
    I get duplicate object errors when exporting to epub3 file, but when I export anyway and check, the page works as intended. I can upload to Kobo (although they give me a warning about the error) but iTunes Producer will not let me upload.

6. Angelo S

24 Sep 2020 Administrator

Hello Kathrtyn,
    this error usually comes from copy-pasting read aloud text boxes, please check & clean your text boxes and redo the read aloud on the faulty page. The error in PubCoder should tell you which is the duplicate ID to help you find it.

7. Angelo S

24 Sep 2020 Administrator
    Edited 3 years ago by Angelo S

If that is not the case, please try with this beta version:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/52w8e3k2e1i8pcj/PubCoder-bin-20200924-3.10.1.1104.zip?dl=0

we discovered a bug when using action *Play Audio File* inside a *Dropped Outside Zone* action list in a *Drag Object* action

Please let us know if this fixes the error

or Sign Up to reply!