Renditions and Assets Size Optimization

1. 2 years ago

Hello, I’m currently working on a project that uses multiple renditions (I have 4 different formats) that I’ll export as an HTML5 and I'm trying to keep the package size under control.
    I understand that each Rendition is independent of the others and this is the reason why we have a specific subfolder for every Rendition: however, is it possible to have all the images linked from just one folder instead of having an "images folder" inside each Rendition? (In my case, this means that I have the same set of images copied x4 as I have 4 different renditions).
    Thank you!

2. This is an interesting question, I too am using renditions (I have 2 for languages) and can see that each has an images and an audio folder which contains duplicate content. However with the HTML5 version presumably it will only load a single rendition (unless you switch languages in my case where it will reload the page) - so apart from taking up more server space is this an issue? I suspect what you're describing is fundamental to the Pubcoder setup and would be difficult to change...

3. Hi Van, thank you for answering! In my case I have multiple formats (for example iPad, mobile) but only one language: my concern was simply to not take up too much space to not affect the actual loading time, but effectively as you said it will load only a single rendition, so probably it won't be an issue.

4. Angelo S

29 Jun 2021 Administrator

In XPUB, though you have an images folder for each rendition, the whole package is optimized so that actually identical files are replaced with links to the only copy of each

or Sign Up to reply!