Ongoing Text Issues

1. 2 years ago

I have a large amount of text in this project. It often takes 10+ times to get the text to change and stay corrected. I have reviewed the answers from many of the previous posts. I tried everything that was suggested and nothing solves the problem. Please advise.

2. Help please...

3. Angelo S

9 Jun 2021 Administrator

Hello Cathy,
    this is a bit vague, can you send a video of the issue?

4. Yes in the meantime I am trying to publish some of the renditions today and I just received an error my License has been deactivated again:/

I am not on any other computers - Also, please while you are here... is there a way to create different renditions from one without having to build them separately?

Thank you!!!

5. Hi Cathy I've found that when I create a new rendition it's based on an existing one - I just modify the new one with changed properties - is that not what you're finding? Are you having to build renditions from scratch? Are you following the steps in the help here? https://docs.pubcoder.com/pubcoder_renditions.html

Anything you modify in the default rendition should update in the other versions, it's only when you edit a non-default (blue) rendition that the others don't update...

6. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I wish I had understood this from the beginning! :"""""""""""""""""""""""""(

I have spent untold amounts of unnecessary hours trying to resolve this - Going forward... do I go in and just update the default rendition and then export the default version?

Thank you, again!

7. Hi Cathy,
    Glad it was helpful!
    If you update the default (grey) rendition all others should update too unless you've manually changed a property for something in another rendition... not sure how many edits you've made but depending on what you've done it might be easier to delete renditions that are a bit messed up and just start again. I'm not totally sure what you mean in regards to your question going forward - if you need multiple renditions you should export with all, if you only need 1 yes just include that one. You can choose which renditions will be exported in each format by going to project > project settings. if you want to export more than one rendition you need to choose 'Manage renditions manually' and choose at least one, possibly more option from each section.

8. OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, I wish I had understood this from the beginning! :"""""""""""""""""""""""""(

I have spent untold amounts of unnecessary hours trying to resolve this - Going forward... do I go in and just update the default rendition and then export the default version?

Thank you, again!

9. Thank you, for your expertise. I agree I should start over - how do I delete the renditions/projects within the program?

Can I start with the default rendition and rename it? Would this automatically remove the previous ones?

10. Choose Renditions > Edit project formats, then select any renditions you can't to remove and present the minus (-) button at the bottom left. You can keep the default and rename if you wish, this won't automatically remove the others. You can then make new renditions based on the default.

11. Thank you - building on the default is wonderful with the exception of the text. Guess I have misunderstood once more :(

Do I need to change the font size manually in each separate rendition? If I set the default size in the default rendition then it does not fit all of them.

12. ???

13. Just had a quick look - you can set a new default font size for each rendition. Set it in the project settings for each rendition - you will see a blue dot appear to show that this setting is for that rendition only. That way you can change the overall font size for each rendition and make it smaller for renditions that need this. To get rid of the seperate rendition setting right - click and remove it (or look at other options).

14. Deleted 2 years ago by Cathy F
  15. Thank you so much for taking the time to help me with this!

May I ask one more? Could you please clarify this:

To get rid of the separate rendition setting right-click and remove it (or look at other options).

16. Hi Cathy,

If you are viewing a non-default rendition then up in the top right you will see a blue dot (next to the Sie, language or orientation).

If you then change a setting in the selection properties (for example, X value) you will then also see a blue dot next to the X value setting indicating that the position has changed in this rendition only.

To reset (in this case) the X setting, right -click the blue dot next to the X setting and choose 'remove value for rendition'. There are also options to copy and move the value which is what I meant by 'or look at other options'.

I also saw that PubCoder offer training - if you're able to it might be worth investing in getting a few hours training if you're struggling especially since I've only just seen this (and unfortunately this forum doesn't seem to generate notifications when people respond to your posts).

17. Thank you, as always. I had everything seemed perfect and went to verify the renditions tonight and the default had changed :(

18. Thank you, as always. I had everything seemed perfect and went to verify the renditions tonight and the default had changed :(

Where can I find the training link?

Thank you!

19. Here is the training site - it's in Italian but if you view in Chrome you can auto-translate which works OK - similarly YouTube will auto translate captions.

https://tutorial.pubcoder.com/

At the bottom right is information about more training - basically support@pubcoder.com to enquire.

20. THANK YOU!!!

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!