Beta 3: Shared Resources and Startpage

1. 6 years ago

I have a couple of questions about the Beta 3 version:

1:
    In version 2.5 there is at Project Settings the option to share "Shared resources" across pages. It will end up in the directory "shared".
    I can't find a similar option in the Beta 3 - there is only a "Custom files" at the "Page settings" but no "Shared resources" at the "Project Settings".
    Maybe I have overlooked it?

2:
    Will there in Pubcoder 3 be an option to make an iOS app always start on the cover page? (and not on the page you were at when you closed the app).

Best regards
    John

2. I am still curious about the "Shared resources" in the Beta 3 - is there/will there be that option?
    When I open my .pubcoder files (made with 2.5) in the Beta 3 nothing works at all - since I have included scripts with the "Shared resources" option in 2.5.

All my pages start with: "<script type="text/javascript" src="../shared/my_script.js"></script>".
    But there seems not to be a "shared" directory when publishing from Beta 3.

3. John, you might want to report this as a bug or send to Angelo's feed. They are sometimes quite slow on the forum to reply.

4. Good tip, Carlton - I have reported it as a bug now.

5. Angelo S

13 Oct 2017 Administrator

Already answered in the support system, but I'm going to copy the answer here hoping it can eventually help other users as well:

“Shared resources” was a legacy feature dating back to the PubCoder 1.x betas, so we decided to get rid of it, since the same thing can be accomplished using the “Attach Asset” feature.

You can read an example usage of this feature in this medium article:
    https://medium.com/@thezik/adobe-after-effects-animations-in-pubcoder-with-bodymovin-abbdfe6ef47b

Please take a look at how the “bodymovin.js” script is attached and then declared in the Project HTML Head.

6. Angelo S

13 Oct 2017 Administrator

@John N Will there in Pubcoder 3 be an option to make an iOS app always start on the cover page? (and not on the page you were at when you closed the app).

As for this, it's in the roadmap, but not for the 3.0 release, maybe 3.1 :)

or Sign Up to reply!