Suspension of Android export (fixed)

1. 2 years ago

Hello
    today we received that bad new about Android export, it's a big big problem I think. The solution would be Shelf, but it's another problem for many of us : the basic version is about 3500€/year.
    can we hope for an adapted pricing, or even free access to the shelf ?

2. I have emailed a reply to the notification, as 3500 euros is not cost effective for me at the moment, as a start up. I asked if they would consider a percentage on sales business model, as Google and Apple do. what are others thoughts on this?

3. The android marketplace is more aligned with interactive books than Apple - is anyone else finding this?

4. This is a dealbreaker for me.

I purchased PubCoder a couple of months ago and immediately raised concerns about the fact Android export was no longer working, but was assured it would be resolved within a couple of months. A Shelf license at 3,500 Euros per year is not an option.

I have contacted Support directly about this.

5. This is very disappointing news.

I'm also wondering if there might be adaptive pricing for Shelf, or a resolution - but March 2022 is a while off and it sounds like they're already been trying unsuccessfully to resolve. We are also making web versions of our books but the app is a better experience so will need to consider options now.

Unfortunately PubCoder is quite a unique (and great) product so there aren't a lot of other solutions I can see out there. If anyone knows of any it would be great to know about.

6. It would be fair to give us free access to shlef until the pubcoder team resolves this export problem.
    I made this request by email, I'm waiting for the answer ...

7. I am still able to export apk files. How will this suspension affect the file?

8. I am building this app for a client in both iOS and Android, this is really a big blow since I am closing in to publish in the respected stores soon.

I have over 180 pages in this app.

Can this be resolved somehow before March 2022?

9. Yes, this is devastating! Has anyone published their iOS as a multi-touch book that includes all of the interactivity?

10. Edited 2 years ago by Carol B

Amp T I am still able to export apk files. How will this suspension affect the file?

You can't upload an APK anymore for apps created after August 2021 - it needs to be an Android App Bundle (which PubCoder can't currently export/create):
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9859348?visit_id=637717882055866460-1351721638&rd=1

11. Carol B You can't upload an APK anymore for apps created after August 2021 - it needs to be an Android App Bundle (which PubCoder can't currently export/create):
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9859348?visit_id=637717882055866460-1351721638&rd=1

Noted, thank you.

12. We have been working with PubCoder for many years and renewed our license only a short time ago. We were about to publish multiple apps to Android as many of our blind users can't afford iOS devices.
    It is a real shock to get this announcement that the Android export is no longer supported.
    Pleading with PubCoder to resolve this!
    It was one of the unique features of PubCoder, and one we definitely expected to use when we purchased the license.
    Please share if you have found an alternative tool to export apps built in PubCoder to Android.

13. There is another authoring tool, Kotobee. However, I have stuck with Pubcoder, despite winning a lifetime individual subscription to Kotobee in one of their eBook competitions, because:
    a) I prefer the Pubcoder interface for ebook creation
    b) Pubcoder allows for multiple localisations, which Kotobee does not. My ebooks are multilingual resources; this functionality is central to my published product.

As far as I know, the Android export for Kotobee is still working (or perhaps it's not, and they either haven't realised, or haven't emailed customers about it). Their support is very good though, so I would be surprised. I recently had a 30-minute zoom call with support, even though I'm not a customer! (because I wanted to explore options and new features they've just announced).

They also have a Shelf-type option, which is even less affordable than Pubcoder's offering. I've wanted to use Pubcoder's Shelf for years, but can't afford the expense.

I have also emailed Pubcoder support, adding my voice to the concern expressed by others. I also want to know if Shelf resolves the Android issue, or if it is also affected. I assume not, as they've suggested it as a possible solution themselves. Keen to follow this thread!
    Kathryn

14. Paolo A

16 Nov 2021 Administrator

Hello,
    thanks for your posts, while we work on the solution we will contact each one of you privately to understand how we can eventually help you out in the short term. Thank you for your patience, will keep you posted here, via social, on the web and via email.

Paolo
    PubCoder CTO & Founder

15. Paolo could I be added onto the mailing as well, the deadline for my project has already come and gone, and I'm under the wire trying to find a fix. Thank you.

16. Paolo A

18 Nov 2021 Administrator

Sure!

17. Cathy F Yes, this is devastating! Has anyone published their iOS as a multi-touch book that includes all of the interactivity?

Cathy, I have published EPUB on ibooks with full interactivity

18. Deleted 2 years ago by Milton M
  19. [quote=2699:Paolo A]

Hello Paolo --
    I'd be grateful if you could keep me posted about the issue.
    Grazie.

20. Hello Paolo,

Please keep me posted as well -
    thank you.

21. Newer ›

or Sign Up to reply!