Suspension of Android export (fixed)

1. ‹ Older
  2. 2 years ago

I am building this app for a client in both iOS and Android, this is really a big blow since I am closing in to publish in the respected stores soon.

I have over 180 pages in this app.

Can this be resolved somehow before March 2022?

3. Yes, this is devastating! Has anyone published their iOS as a multi-touch book that includes all of the interactivity?

4. Edited 2 years ago by Carol B

Amp T I am still able to export apk files. How will this suspension affect the file?

You can't upload an APK anymore for apps created after August 2021 - it needs to be an Android App Bundle (which PubCoder can't currently export/create):
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9859348?visit_id=637717882055866460-1351721638&rd=1

5. Carol B You can't upload an APK anymore for apps created after August 2021 - it needs to be an Android App Bundle (which PubCoder can't currently export/create):
    https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/9859348?visit_id=637717882055866460-1351721638&rd=1

Noted, thank you.

6. We have been working with PubCoder for many years and renewed our license only a short time ago. We were about to publish multiple apps to Android as many of our blind users can't afford iOS devices.
    It is a real shock to get this announcement that the Android export is no longer supported.
    Pleading with PubCoder to resolve this!
    It was one of the unique features of PubCoder, and one we definitely expected to use when we purchased the license.
    Please share if you have found an alternative tool to export apps built in PubCoder to Android.

7. There is another authoring tool, Kotobee. However, I have stuck with Pubcoder, despite winning a lifetime individual subscription to Kotobee in one of their eBook competitions, because:
    a) I prefer the Pubcoder interface for ebook creation
    b) Pubcoder allows for multiple localisations, which Kotobee does not. My ebooks are multilingual resources; this functionality is central to my published product.

As far as I know, the Android export for Kotobee is still working (or perhaps it's not, and they either haven't realised, or haven't emailed customers about it). Their support is very good though, so I would be surprised. I recently had a 30-minute zoom call with support, even though I'm not a customer! (because I wanted to explore options and new features they've just announced).

They also have a Shelf-type option, which is even less affordable than Pubcoder's offering. I've wanted to use Pubcoder's Shelf for years, but can't afford the expense.

I have also emailed Pubcoder support, adding my voice to the concern expressed by others. I also want to know if Shelf resolves the Android issue, or if it is also affected. I assume not, as they've suggested it as a possible solution themselves. Keen to follow this thread!
    Kathryn

8. Paolo A

16 Nov 2021 Administrator

Hello,
    thanks for your posts, while we work on the solution we will contact each one of you privately to understand how we can eventually help you out in the short term. Thank you for your patience, will keep you posted here, via social, on the web and via email.

Paolo
    PubCoder CTO & Founder

9. Paolo could I be added onto the mailing as well, the deadline for my project has already come and gone, and I'm under the wire trying to find a fix. Thank you.

10. Paolo A

18 Nov 2021 Administrator

Sure!

11. Cathy F Yes, this is devastating! Has anyone published their iOS as a multi-touch book that includes all of the interactivity?

Cathy, I have published EPUB on ibooks with full interactivity

12. Deleted 2 years ago by Milton M
  13. [quote=2699:Paolo A]

Hello Paolo --
    I'd be grateful if you could keep me posted about the issue.
    Grazie.

14. Hello Paolo,

Please keep me posted as well -
    thank you.

15. Hi Paolo and the team,
    The same for me, please.
    Thanks!

16. Angelo S

13 Dec 2021 Administrator

Hello everyone,
    I am really happy to share some really positive progress on this matter; in fact, we are sharing a new beta release of PubCoder with the ability to export Android App Bundles for Google Play Store from within PubCoder.
    Some notes on this:

• This is a BETA release, it is not yet ready for production. Please be sure to backup your project files and work on copies of your project files to avoid data loss
    • This beta release is actually for macOS only, Windows user will need to wait some more time (hopefully a Windows beta release is only days away)
    • How to use it: just export your Android App for Google Play Store as usual, now PubCoder will export a single .aab file instead of APK and expansion file. Just upload it to Google Play Store and you should be fine
    • Please note that when you upload your first AAB to Google Play Store, it is mandatory to enroll in Google App Signing program. This has nothing to do with App Bundles itself or PubCoder, but you will need to deal with it. Here's a walkthrough YouTube video from Google . If you have issues with this, please reach us at support@pubcoder.com for assistance. Please note that like all assistance regarding App publication on stores, this will have a fee.
    • You can download the new PubCoder beta release from this address: https://dkocb3f8eecld.cloudfront.net/mac/beta/PubCoder-bin-20211213-4.1.0.1156.zip
    • Of course, please let us know if everything is working fine for you with this beta release
  17. Angelo S

16 Dec 2021 Administrator

Hello, a new beta release of PubCoder 4.1 is now available for download for Mac and Windows from our Updates Page

18. Angelo S

4 Jan 2022 Administrator

Hello everyone, as we approach the final release of PubCoder 4.1 with support for Android App Bundles, we just uploaded a new beta release on our Updates Page

19. Angelo S

11 Jan 2022 Administrator

Hello Everyone,
    PubCoder 4.1, which includes the ability to export Android App Bundles, has been released officially .
    Here's the story on our blog

20. Nice ! thank you

21. Great news! Thanks Paolo Angelo and the team.

or Sign Up to reply!